Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Food Adventures: Salt #3

Well my friend Shealaina and I made another trip back to SALT which has to be my favorite restaurant by now, everything I have eaten there has been amazing. This time around we went for the weeknight tasting menu, which was a limited selection of a small plate, salad, and a large plate, and all of it was for a very decent price.

I have shown a picture of this on here from the first time we went, but this was my first course, shrimp and grits with a rich spicy tomato sauce. I liked it so much that I had to just get it again. There was some deep fried noodles and parsley on top. It was great once again, I would eat anything they put with the grits, just so amazing.

This was Shealaina's first dish, it was General Tso's pork belly, and it was amazingly good. It was chunks of pork belly with the flavor of General Tso's, also there were some fried rice balls, some roasted broccolini, and a sriracha aioli. The pork belly was amazing along with everything else in the dish. I would also order that again, such a great combination of flavors.

I was feeling a bit daring, so I thought I would try the roasted beet salad, I have honestly not ever really eaten beets, but I thought I would give it a try. It was large pieces of roasted beets under baby arugula that was lightly dressed with vinaigrette topped with some goat cheese. Honestly I liked every part of the salad but the beets, in the future I will just get a normal side salad, but I liked that I got out of my comfort zone and tried something new. I think if the beets were broken down a bit more they would have been easier to eat with the other ingredients, but it was super hard to cut them in the dish they were served in.

  This was my large plate that I chose, it was call steak kim-chimichurri, and it really did combine the flavors of both kim chi and chimichurri. It was sliced seasoned flank steak, with a papaya slaw(which took the place of kim chi), they were on top of some chorizo croquets, with chimichurri sauce and some guacamole. That is a lot of different elements that really worked well together. I tried to get bites with everything in them and they were all delicious alone and when combined together. I would absolutely order this again. My mouth is watering while writing this.

I have to say it was another awesome trip to SALT, and I know that we will be going back again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment