Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meta has gone Meta

So I am not sure how much I am planning to write tonight, but I feel like writing something. I was thinking about Scream 4 for some reason, or Scre4m as they have shown it to be titled. The original Scream was the meta horror movie, being self aware of all the rules of other slasher films that had been made. Now Scream 4 is being self aware of the previous scream movies. It just seems like too over thought for me. It also seems like every character in the movie other than David Arquette is a slender girl, and other than Courtney Cox(Arquette) they are all in their low 20s. I guess sex sells when it comes to slasher movies. I have never had much of an interest in them. I used to watch the scream movies whenever they were on tv, until I had seen them all. The first was an original idea, then I think the other two were not really needed.

I am still my same old self, unsure of what it is that I want to do. Both professionally, and relationship-wise. I think I know what it is I was right now relationship-wise, but I am not 100% sure, but am I ever 100% sure?

I was looking through job postings earlier, and I realized that I still don't know what I want to do. I just need to find something else I am ok with doing, and something that will pay me some decent money. I don't need a ton of money, but I would like to pay down my student loans faster than they are required to be paid off. I just don't like having debt of any kind. I would love to be able to pay double what my required payment is every month, but right now that isn't feasible. I should feel lucky that I had a college fund set up for me so I didn't have that much in student loans, but I would still like to pay it off early.

Baseball season has been kind of a downer, the Twins offense has been non-existent which has not really been an issue in years. It really just seems that some of the players are still working off the rust. Cuddyer missed a lot of time in spring training getting a huge wart removed from his foot. Mauer missed time after surgery. Morneau missed time still recovering from his concussion, but looks so close to hitting so many home runs. I think the offense will be fine, and if the pitching stays like this, we will start getting things to go our way. I actually have a lot of confidence in our bullpen too. I wish Kevin Slowey was not injured because he had been pitching well too.

The Twins just have this issue with not being able to hit left handed pitchers at all, especially when Cuddyer and Young are not hitting well. They need to be able to pick up the offense on those days, or get them knocked out of the game early to face some bullpen righties. I think this is just my amateur analysis of the Twins first week and a half of games, and there are still a ton of games to play.

I have enjoyed being able to watch baseball though. Its always a fun time of year. And its something great to do while reading. Or while cooking. Just having it on in the background.

If the Indians can keep up their quality pitching, with a potentially healthy Grady Sizemore coming back, and Shin Soo Choo will eventually do something offensively for them, they could be spoilers. I think the same for the Royals. They have some good hitters up now, and will probably get another one of two of their very talented prospects coming up before the end of the year. They could really do some damage. I think the Central division is going to be a very weak division this year. Any of the 3 front runners could take it.

Movie: Cedar Rapids-- I really enjoyed this movie. I only say it last night, but even only having a day to reflect on it. I think it was really well made. I thought the cast did a great job, especially Ed Helms. He has not been the feature in anything he has done, but I think he really held his own. The movie was funny, but also showed some good character development. Ed Helms definitely when from the bright eyed and bushy tailed newbie, to something more imposing. Spoiler alter there is some man butt in the movie. I think the movie had some good jokes about things relevant to some of the actors. Isiah Whitlock Jr. made some references to The Wire,  and he was in The Wire. I may be reading too much into it, but Anne Heche was once upon a time Ellen's girlfriend. In the movie she and others crash a lesbian wedding. I think its worth seeing if you have similar tastes to myself. Its also a way of showing some support for independent movies. I realize this is not a really small budget movie, but it was independently financed and produced. It was only bought by Fox Searchlight after it was shown as Sundance.

Tv Show: The Killing--I watched the first 2 episodes late at night on either Friday or Saturday. I really liked the slow and deliberate setup of the show. Its not like Law and Order where they are showing the body right after the credits. It took a long time to find it. Along they way they did a great job of introducing a bunch of characters/suspects. Many of the characters seem one way originally but we get shown another side later on. I like that the show does not move too fast. It is well paced so you have a chance to really think about everything as it is developing. I think the show so far has always left me wanting more, which is a good thing for a show to do, even if it is frustrating at times.

I guess I was on the Tv 13 news here in Eau Claire last night. I  didn't think my footage would be used because I was so boring but you can find it here: http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Tax_deadline_looming_one_week_to_go_119630159.html
I am at about 1:05 into the video.

Well that is all I have for tonight, but I still hope to do this a bit more often. Right now I just write when I am inspired to do so.

Comments are always welcome, and if you don't already please follow my nonsense on Twitter @weckpd

I will leave you with Hipster Jake Peavy. Via @KeithLaw on Twitter.



Things I did during this entry:
Looked up Isiah Whitlock Jr. on IMDB
Was sitting in the back of the Entrepreneur Training Program that I run
Watched the Twins game on MLB gamecast.
Was frustrated that I couldn't even get a link directly to the Weau video of me. Silly Eau Claire News.

4 comments:

  1. SLENDER SLUTTY GIRLS = SLASHER FILM RULE NUMBER ONE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think they could be more creative about it. Where are the slutty trannies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WERE AWESOME ON TV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. slutty trannie.. good call.. last good one i saw was boondock saints lol

    ReplyDelete