Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

For reference, this was my favorite book in the series, I just liked the many elements of the story and how it added to the story of the first book. I liked the many twists and surprises that happened in the book. Along with liking the first movie, this was definitely something that made me optimistic about the execution of the 2nd movie.

I really should have written this back when I saw the movie, because it is not quite as fresh as it was when I had saw it. I remember leaving the movie being quite impressed with the it. I thought it was a bit more consistent with the book than the first movie was, but then again I read them right before the first movie and I have not revisited them since. I also just enjoyed this movie more than the first in general.

I really wish I could remember more of my thoughts from the movie, but nothing is really coming to me. I enjoyed it more than the first one, and I am very interested to see what they do with the 3rd book, although I believe they are turning it into 2 movies, which as the 3rd book was my least favorite could make for 2 bad movies instead of one decent one.

I liked the movie, and had some trouble deciding where to rank it this year, but I decided that it belonged before Iron Man 3.

10. Pain & Gain
9. Thor: The Dark World
8. World War Z
7. Pacific Rim
6. Iron Man 3
5. Hunger Games: Catching Fire
4. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. This Is the End
2. The World's End
1.Gravity

No comments:

Post a Comment