Monday, June 24, 2013

Peter's Cooking Diary #5

I just wanted to start this of with a little bit of an update on my diet, I haven't really been gaining any weight, but I also haven't been losing any, so I thought I would adjust it back to the original slow carb diet that I had so much success with in the past. I am only on the 2nd day of it really, but I know it can work, and I just know I need to stick with it for a while. I also think that I will take it easy on cheat days, where as I used to just go nuts til I almost puked. I know I will still crave sweets, but I got through it for quite a long time successfully before, I also know that my exercise level will be much higher than it was when I went off the diet last time.

I would really love to reach my goal of being down to 300 lbs by the end of the year, I know thats a lot of weight to drop, but I really think I can do it. I just need to try harder, and really focus myself on the goal.  I went to Chipotle today for dinner, which I think will be my go to restaurant for dinner if I need to go out, its not too pricey. I get a burrito bowl with no rice, a scoop of each beans, carnitas, medium salsa and corn salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole. It tastes amazing every time I have it.

I am reluctant to say that I just completely forgot to take any pictures of the food I cooked this week. I will really try to take better pictures next time.

To start things off this week, I made another batch of the over roasted sweet corn that I had mentioned last week. I was lucky to get the corn on a great sale at the local grocery store, this time I inspected it at the store, and actually shucked it in the store, so I didn't have to worry about the mess at home. They have bins to put the husks into next to the corn for a reason. This corn turned out a little bit better, and I gave it a squeeze of lime along with a little bit of cilantro.

To go with the corn I made some cuban style black beans in the slow cooker with smoked ham hocks which go a long way to adding salt and smoky flavor to the beans, along with the seasonings of cumin and oregano. I have made this same recipe of black beans before, and I really can't think of a way to make the recipe any better, you win this round America's Test Kitchen! *shakes fist*

The last thing I made this week was some marinated chicken breasts to go on top of salads. I like buying the marinated chicken breasts from the meat department at the grocery store, this week they happened to be on sale. I was going to marinate my own, which I will have to do some time, just so I know how to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Go Pete! I know you can meet your goal! I think you are on the right track. What happens if you don't take a cheat day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the cheat day is actually good for the weight loss, but I don't know the actual science

    ReplyDelete