Sunday, July 10, 2011

Diet Log Week #3

7/3/11
My cheat day! I did a no-no for the diet, and I did not eat within an hour of waking up. I maybe have still been full of the carrots I ate the night before. For lunch I went out to Olive Garden, with a friend. I had the chicken and shrimp carbonara, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the never ending pasta bowl. I did enjoy the pasta and the breadsticks, and some slightly sweetened peach iced tea. It was very good. I had not had pasta in quite a while.

I had some chocolate donut holes for dessert, and spent a lot of the afternoon just hanging out, not doing too much. For dinner I went to Sonic got a bacon double cheeseburger, onion rings, and a strawberry creamslush. The burger and the creamslush were amazing. The onion rings were disappointing, they were too darn heavy. I was thinking sonic had good onion rings, but I would have been much better off with fries or tator tots.

While watching some movies with a friend, I had some candy. I really was craving some milk duds, and I also had an almond toffee symphony bar, possibly my favorite candy bar. That was kind of my third meal. I had some root beer milk, but it was a disappointment, so I just dumped most of it out.

7/4/11
I have been using refried beans with my breakfast, they are much easier to eat than black beans, and i think the kind of go well with eggs too. I have about 1/3 of a can of refried beans with a handful of baby carrots and my 3 fried eggs. It has been working well so far, so I have not changed it.

For lunch I had what was left of my carnitas. I had been kind of sick of it, so I put the last of it off as long as I could. It got tired pretty fast, but I will try other slow cooked meats in the future. They work well with the diet.

For dinner I decided I would fire up the grill, and cook some meats that I had. I had some marinated chicken breasts, some pork chops, and a few steaks, all of which I had in the freezer, so I thawed them out overnight and all I did was put a little bit of grill seasoning on the steaks and pork chops. I left the chops on the grill and hoped that I could smoke them under the grill, they taste great, but did not get to be too smoky.

I made some smashed cauliflower and steamed some broccoli for my vegetables. I think the chicken will go more towards salads than being eaten with the veggies, having a salad once in a while gives my diet a good variety.

7/5/11
I had my usual breakfast, and also what I have been getting every Tuesday for lunch. A no rice double bean burrito bowl from Burrachos. It is really the only low carb option near the office, and I really just like it. I think maybe a chipotle burrito bowl would be better, but I guess I can't really complain can I?

7/9/11
I have been wondering why I have been up a few lbs all week, and I realized that my bathroom scale must have been on the bathroom mat just a tiny bit last week when i weighed myself, and that made it weigh me about 7 lbs or so light. I tested this over and over and as it turns out I may have only lost 5 lbs last week, which is still huge, the 12 seemed a bit ridiculous. I am going to figure out the amount that it was off by, and adjust my number accordingly.

So I can't get the number to be consistent at all, I am just going to scrap the weigh in from last week, I am cumulatively down 10 lbs right now though, and I will be more careful about the scale, I may just have to do it in the kitchen for the time being as well.

This makes everything make a bit more sense, I am not deterred. I actually went for the longest run/walk ever. It was an hour and 20 minutes in the sweaty humidity. I really was not tired when I came home, I was just too thirsty to go on, and I was getting really warm out there. It is something I need to do more often. I just wish my work schedule was not so rough this week. I work 4 late nights this week, and I have to wrok the next morning at my other job the morning after 3 times.

6/10/11
My official weigh in has me down 10.8 lbs total.

I lost 7 inches total this week, including 3 from my belly alone. I knew my clothes felt looser on me this week!
These numbers only have me more encouraged to keep up the good work.

I have lost 10.8 lbs total.
I have lost 10.5 inches total.

1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady is the way to lose weight. Keep up the good work, except maybe the bacon double cheeseburger, Yuck!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete